Did you finally schedule the trip to Greece or the flight home to visit family? McConnell Marketing has got you covered with two lists of must-have travel essentials for any trip and airport tricks that will ease your pre-flight anxiety and prepare you for your travels.
1. Clothing Items – Depending on the duration of your trip, these figures may need altered, but it’s recommended you pack five pieces each of crucial clothing like socks, underwear, t-shirts and to check the weather to see if coats or jackets are needed. Try rolling your clothes to save space and give you less wrinkles. If it’s a longer trip, look into packing cubes as they not only compress your items to give you additional space, but they also help keep you organized.
2. Toiletries – In a small toiletry bag, make sure to pack your own shampoo, conditioner and toothpaste as many hotels have moved to eliminate single-use plastic. If you’re traveling to a humid area, it won’t hurt to pack some bug spray and sunscreen to save having to pick some up some while on your trip. In an effort to save space, you can also put your foundation, moisturizer, eye cream and any other liquid products into contact lenses cases for easy use. McConnell Marketing has our very own bag that comes in handy when we’re traveling to meet clients.
3. Miscellaneous – Are you going camping with your hometown friends or traveling to make new memories? Make sure to pack those essentials like a sleeping bag, water tumblers and notebooks to make sure you’re fully prepared for your trip. Packing a first-aid kit stocked full of band aids, gauze and gloves will go a long way if you’re in the position where you need those items.
4. Carry-on specific – Nothing is more important while traveling than to make sure you have everything you need in your carry-on such as your passport, wallet, phone and chargers (which are one of the most commonly forgotten items during travel). Be sure to carry a photocopy of your passport with you just in case – it’s better to be safe than sorry.
1. Check luggage requirements – This seems obvious, but many always forget about this until their bags are being weighed. Don’t overpack and be stuck with a massive fee. Before your flight, visit your airline’s website to review luggage size and weight restrictions, as well as baggage fees. Buy a lot during your trip? Invest in a small, traveling luggage scale to ensure your bag isn’t over the weight requirements.
2. Pack crucial items in your carry-on – Are you taking important medication, need your glasses to see when it’s dark or have an expensive laptop with you? Pack it in your carry-on as it’s hard to replace if the airline loses your suitcase. Be sure to pack an extra pair of socks or underwear in case you find yourself delayed without your luggage. Most of the stores in the airport sell pants and shirts but pack an extra of both if you aren’t willing to take the risk.
3. Bring an empty water bottle – While you cannot bring a full bottle through security, an empty bottle goes through fine! Within the airport, there are multiple filling stations or water fountains where you can fill your bottle. This money-saving idea is also a perfect way to cut down on plastics waste as well.
4. Wear easy to slip off shoes – It may sound silly, but you’ll thank yourself later when you don’t have to untie your laces or unbuckle your heels in front of everyone while holding up the security line. A cheap pair of slip-ons you aren’t emotionally attached to work best just in case they get damaged or if you leave them behind in the hotel accidentally.
Are you trying out any of the above ideas? Let us know in a social post, and don’t forget to follow us on all of our social platforms. Stay up to date on our monthly newsletters, full of more helpful tips and tricks!